Single Girl's Facebook

Sunday, December 25, 2011

What beautiful eyes you have and what um... teeth ewwwww!

While having a conversation with a friend of mine he brought up a very valid point. Maybe it isn't the type of men I date, maybe it's the type of men I set out and attract. At first I found this absurd. After all how could I be sending off signals to date such horrible men?  Men who jack off on my shirt, men who only need their nipples do get off and of course the men who graciously share pictures of their penis' with me? No one wants those men and yet they seem to find me. Or... do I find them?

I, Single girl, happen to be a very good girl. I have morals and values and even standards that some people can't even define. I have a very clear image of what I want and yet I settle for so much less.

 It wasn't until a few months later that I was having a conversation with my therapist that I realized I do set myself up for a damaging plot. However, in my defense they make amazing stories to share and the readers demand a good story!  I will gladly set myself up for failure for your entertainment of course, but how healthy can that be for me? Not that I'm selfish but come on. Is that sane?

Why on earth would anyone set themselves up for failure after failure? Why would I set my radar for expectations that are so low that most rocks and brick walls can live up to them? It all boils down to my own self worth. How I view myself. And believe it or not ladies and gentlemen and the creepy ones who stalk me, I have a very low opinion of myself.

I talk a big game, it's true. For it's much easier to pretend to be completely amazed by yourself and your own awesomeness, than to show everyone how completely vile you feel you are. If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love anyone else? Or have anyone love you for who you are?

It's completely possible that I have dated a few normal guys. Normal being a standard term used for people not necessarily blog worthy due to their lack of originality. And believe it or not some of them have complained they have not been blogged about. However, being in my blog doesn't make you honorable. In my blogs you should take the walk of shame! Sure there are one's that may have had some weird quirks about them and one day I'm sure I will blog about them as well. But for now it's too soon.

For now, let me leave you with a quickie dating story. That's what we've all come here for anyways a good story. So here goes:

I had found Mr. Perfect. Handsome, tall, charming, sweet, thoughtful, sarcastic and clever enough not to make him a wimp, a beautiful man who bordered rugged man verses model. His pictures had a serious smirk to them, bedroom blue eyes that stared right into you! He had all the things that I thought I wanted in a person. He worked which was a big step up for me. He had two cars, a house, a garage, pets and no children.

He was a few years older than me, well established in his career and loved his mother dearly. They say a man who loves his mother and treats her well with do the same for you.  I find this border line, luckily he was anything but a momma's boy. After weeks of talking to him and his wonderful manly phone voice we set a date for dinner and a movie. Typical slightly, however, I will take typical when Mr. Perfect comes along.

He pulled up in my drive way (yes I actually let him pick me up) and he stepped out of his car and I opened the door to see this handsome man walking towards me and I swear for a moment I forgot to breathe and then it happened.... all was ruined.

He smiled.

My heart sank and I became sick. He barely had teeth! What teeth he did have were nearly filled or grinded down to numbs. They were brown and tainted by lack of hygiene or gum disease possible both. I couldn't look at him, because all I could see, his entire face became his teeth. His mouth moved awkwardly as he spoke and his teeth so small they barely touched top to bottom, making his jaw lay crooked.  

As he spoke, when he laughed, while he ate, I couldn't focus on anything but how poor his teeth were kept. How vile and disgusting they were, what little he had left of them. This is why he never smiled. This was the reason for his serious smirk pictures! Why hadn't I have thought to ask about his teeth?

Is that something you should have to ask someone? Show me your teeth? Let me see your dental records? When was the last time you went to the dentist? How often do you brush and floss? NO! These are things that people should do so why was I having a date with the only person who obviously eats brown sugar coated glass for breakfast lunch and dinner?

Teeth and I can never be. There isn't enough dental work in the world to make me forget the vile smile that faced me that day. Shuddering at the thought....

that is all.

5 comments:

  1. A mutual friend of ours, Jason, turned me onto your blog! I'm so glad I found you. I have literally had the SAME HORROR STORY HAPPEN TO ME!! I mean, seriously? Teeth? If I even go a day without brushing I want to die. It is unforgivable. Right up there with cheating as far as I'm concerned. I'm Rebekah. Pleased to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! If a man doesn't have a decent smile, I run away. Screaming.

    -j.
    thefabulousgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both (and Jason) I'll be sure to add you on facebook as well so you know when I post new things! Teeth can make or break the deal. No matter how charming if the smile is repulsive just walk away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who told me to never date a man I meet online who doesn't smile with teeth in any pictures. She says it's a dead giveaway to bad teeth. So far she is right. EWWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad teeth are a deal breaker. The rest of the guy could be George Clooney perfect (or fill in your ideal man here). But if his teeth are bad, it's like a wine stain on the front of a wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete