Single Girl's Facebook

Thursday, May 26, 2011

He was such a nice guy... that I really did date him! I swear!!!!

I’ve lied to you all and for that I’m going to apologize. This whole time I have told you that I have never dated a nice guy. That I don’t like them but that’s not the case. I did date a nice guy. He was wonderful and you'll be so jealous of my ability to have this man and wonder why it didn't work out.

MJ and I began talking through as sad as this may sound a dating website. When I was no longer a member he had tracked me down (not creepily) through facebook or myspace or AIM… I cannot remember which. We talked for an extremely long time, both via internet and on the phone and through text.
He was independent, had his own house, multiple cars, a truck and two jobs. Plus he was attending school to accomplish a goal. I know right a man I dated had a goal. So, here I was “talking” to MJ when we finally decided to meet. He paid for all our outings, held the door for me, held my hand in public, went out of his way to say wonderful things to me,  complimented me often and drove miles out of his way just to see me.  

He thought I was perfect. And as hard for me to admit, he was far from right about that. But he didn’t seem to mind he was extremely happy with me and our situation.  Now when I say ‘situation’, it’s merely the fact that little things were out of the ordinary for a person that someone would be dating.  He lived nearly two hours away from me, which doesn’t leave much time to see each other. He could only talk to me on the phone certain nights and could only text me occasionally do to work and school apparently.   I was never allowed to go to his house because of the drive being so far so we always met each other in the middle since my house was being worked on.  
I had never met any of his friends or family and there were times I could only see him one day early morning on the weekends. This all made sense to me since he worked and had school and was so dedicated to his newly chosen field.  I was impressed that I had found someone with those actual qualities. How lucky was I? A nice guy, who treats me well, goes above and beyond wants to make me happy, spoils me and says he loves me and would do anything for me… does it get any better?  What more does a Single girl need?

Then I get the phone call…

The rant of woman and not just any woman, his live in girlfriend was calling me. Ironically at the same time I had drank a ton of vodka and mixed completely on accident a “happy” pill.  I was miserable and sick the room was spinning and now some crazy girlfriend was bitching in my ear about me spending time with her boyfriend. (She called from his phone) Asking me about texts and pictures (not sexy pictures just pictures in general) and did I know this how long has it been going on …

I stopped listening to her nagging when I realized we had both been played the fool. She finished with her rant and the only reason I know she finished is because she hung up on me.

I paused for a moment thinking how ironic this situation was that the nicest guy I’d ever dated had me as a backup plan. Considering how nice he was it made a lot of sense. The only guy to treat me like I was the only woman on earth was using me as the “other woman”.  Then my phone rang again… (same number) I answered drunk and near ready to throw up and it was her again! She once again went on a rant and this time I could hear him pounding on a door in the back ground trying to get in and talk to her saying “Baby let’s go for a walk… baby let’s talk” … as he yelled, she yelled at me and I finally said “Look… I’m fucking drunk I’m about to puke you need to take this up with your boyfriend I’ve done nothing wrong. I’m a single girl and proud of it…”  or something alone those drunken lines.

The next day my Knight in shining tin foil tried to explain the situation as “we’re not together, we just still live together because of our land contract… she’s just jealous I’ve moved on…”

Moral of my story: 1. If it’s too good to be true it probably is.
                                    2. If it doesn’t add up something is wrong.
                                 3. If you feel like you’re number two in his life, there’s probably a number one.

“Women stop getting mad at the other woman… we were lied to as well. Hate the player not the played.”

No comments:

Post a Comment