Single Girl's Facebook

Monday, May 23, 2011

WHAT IF... wishes were fishes...

I’ve been told that it takes half the time you were in a relationship with someone to get over them.  Apparently if you were with someone for six years you’re not over them completely until three years later. Spent six months with them, well you’re not completely over them until three months later. If this is true then I am successfully over everyone I’ve ever been in relationships with. This is a huge accomplishment for me to have that entire burden off my shoulder.  I just paused to pat myself on the back for those relationships being completely ‘over’ in the mental and physical sense. 

I honestly don’t believe it took me the entire half of the time to be over these people just that knowing I made that mark is a huge feat. There is no getting around it. I am a successful single girl, free of burdens and bitterness of past relationships.  Ok maybe slightly a little bitter but I like to pretend that means I’m smarter now. Bitter to me equals cautious. I’m a little pickier these days with who I chose to spend time with. Once bitten twice as shy. No, that’s not good either because I’m definitely not shy… the point is I’m guarded. Maybe like Fort Knox but it’s because I’m smarter I believe, less likely to be burned again in the future. Maybe I have learned something from my repetitive cycle of horrible relationships. MAYBE…

With the ghost of past relationships no longer haunting me I have stumbled upon a new issue. How long does it take to get over someone you were never in a relationship with? Is there a time span on how long you can hold on to something that never was? How can you honestly completely get rid of someone you were never given a chance with… it seems impossible since you don’t know what could have happened. Will I always wonder ‘what if’?

After a pause in the blog a walk around the house and a drink, I have decided the only cure for this is one of two things. Either I make it happen (which probably isn’t likely) or I find someone else to replace them (which isn’t looking good at this point either). I’d chose option one over two any day but option two is more likely. The only problem with that is dating and such (dancing pant less, knocking boots, romantic rodeo, naked wrestling, ect.) is off limits until at least July 16th. 

So even if I were to give in or stumble onto someone else or actually get what I want… it wouldn’t happen because I’m stubborn, and I’ll win my bet no matter what. But for the time being… Any advice on what to do is greatly appreciated.  My question to you is how to get over what I’ve never really had… 

“I keep telling myself I’m not the desperate type.”

No comments:

Post a Comment