Single Girl's Facebook

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jeepers! Scooby-Doo ruined my Life!! Zoinks!

I stop and wonder where I went wrong in life. How is it that I actually end up dating one loser after another?  I try to be selective and picky but when it comes down to it I date the same guy with a different face each time. Easily I could blame my parents, my loser dad, my man hating mother, but no when I think long and hard about it. I blame Scooby-Doo for all my relationship problems.

When you sit down and watch the cartoon (or even the terrible movie made a while back with Mathew Lillard whom I love) who comes to mind other than obviously Scooby-Doo? For a guy you’d probably say Daphne.  The long legs short skirt and long red hair, she was brilliant and beautiful. Which has set you up to love this “type” of girl… or at least try to love her.  But for a girl, Fred the obvious dating choice was far from entertaining. Nothing about Fred seems dateable. He was annoying at best. His cheesy smile, blonde hair, flared jeans and scarf around the neck was completely appalling. So what was left as a male figure? Shaggy!

Shaggy was hilarious. His sense of humor was amazing. His sarcastic wit and obsessive hunger made him a riot to watch. He was everyone’s buddy. Shaggy was the guy you wanted to hang out with, he was cool. Much more appealing than boring old Fred, whose sexuality I question to this day.  

Although Shaggy gave little effort into any ghost or monster hunt they actually went on, he continued to hang around and eat their food. Shaggy who was obviously a pot head with a constant case of the munchies and some major paranoia was the most appealing male figure in the show. Guys thought he was cool and girls thought he was awesome.  This is where I went wrong… I should have gone for the “Fred’s” of the world.

Shaggy is obviously a loser. Shaggy is the exact figure of everyone I’ve ever dated. No ambition, mooches off everyone he meets, is completely useless in life other than the occasional clever come back or sarcastic wit and I completely love him!  I adore Shaggy’s character both in the cartoon and in reality. Now that I realize this, it’s obvious I need therapy to correct this sadistic never ending cycle.  But therapy may not be enough in this case… I think I need to sit down with Hanna Barbera and their creative team and ask why they have set me up for such a disastrous lifestyle.

I need answers, where’s Velma when I need her?
"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

No comments:

Post a Comment