Single Girl's Facebook

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sex + occasional dinner = Relationship? WRONG!

This one is dedicated to another single lady. You know who you are and know what you want. If someone is not willing to give that to you then they do not deserve you at all!
Though I would love to claim that I did in fact date Mr. P for a year and half, it just simply isn’t the case. Let me start with how we met and that my friends will set up for how this “relationship” came about.  For those of you who actually don’t know me I do have tattoos. I do like tattoos and I do LOVE men with tattoos. That being said on a rainy day in May a few years ago my cousin and I decided to get tattoos.
We had planned to get “Remember” tattooed on our body as a tribute to someone we both care very much about but that is not the point of the story so that will be shared another time. I decided to have “Remember” tattooed over my heart with a little heart locked beside it. However, when I sat down to be tattooed we were in fact faced with the problem that my chest/heart area was also my boob. And that’s how I met Mr. P. He tattooed my boob. Felt me up the very first time I met him, slyly gave me his cell phone number on a tattoo business card.
Romantic? Absolutely… not but it was different and exciting to me. We began texting and “dating”. I say “dating” because I can count the number of times we were in public together (outside of being tattooed) on one hand. He and I probably spent more time having sex than anything else. And I will be completely honest it was the best sex I have ever had with anyone. Not that I have many notches on my belt but in comparison to others he was definitely number one.
I figured this was great. “Dating” and having sex leads to relationships right? Wrong, all wrong ladies! Is it possible that it does? Sometimes but in most cases like this no. The more I pushed for a relationship the more excuses as to why he couldn’t be in one with me he gave me. He had been hurt and was damaged by another girl, he was afraid that he would lose me if we got too serious too quickly, he couldn’t imagine being with anyone else but just wasn’t ready to completely be with me, he had a lot going on in his life and wouldn’t want to neglect me, that when he was ready he hoped that we would be together forever but the timing was bad. All these excuses while still having sex with me and I didn’t complain because it was great sex and I figured eventually he would come around.  He did after all make very valid points. And “dating” plus sex eventually had to lead to something more. Right????? Wrong, no it never did.
On and off for a year and a half we meet had sex and would talk about one day being in a relationship. But it never came to that point. We had amazing sex, he said the greatest things, we had so much in common and yet nothing happened. We never went beyond the fuck phase into anything public or even the slightest big caring… 
In the final month of this process I went to see Mr. P at a tattoo shop and he did some work for me. Hugging me and telling me how much he missed me and cared about me and how we need to get together soon. He was a very sexual person and we did have sex in the tattoo shops he worked in, quite a few times, as well as other random places.
That day was of course no different he was all about doing having sex, but I began to wonder what if I don’t have sex with you anymore. What then? If I hold out will you still have any interest in me at all? I wanted to believe that this was definitely more than just sex. I really wanted too but I became worried that, sex was all I would ever get from Mr. P. Though it was great I wanted more…
 That day I chose to pass up on awesome sex with this man I thought I could be in a relationship with and could really see myself staying with. While claiming I was on my period and it would be awkward in the piercing room he still insisted and I declined graciously.  He walked me to my car and we had an awesome make out session as usual. Again telling me how much he needed me, wanted me… blah blah blah. I replied to him with some quirky wit that we could see each other more often in a relationship or if we went out on dates more often. He agreed and gave me his usual speech. Hugged me and said goodbye.
That very night (my foot still swollen and oozing tattoo juice) I get a text from him saying “Single girl, I have met someone. She’s my girlfriend we can’t do that shit anymore. But I hope we can still be friends.” A fucking text! He couldn’t be in a relationship with me but the minute I turn down sex he has a girlfriend? And had seen me that day telling me a completely different story and saying we should have sex at that very moment. My replies were not pretty or lady like in any way. I called him a coward for not telling me to my face and having to send a text to me, along with many other very harsh words.
And what is the moral of this story? Fuck buddies don’t lead to relationships. If he’s avoiding the relationship and the topic of it he doesn’t want to be with you. A man who wants a woman will find a way to be with her, he will go to great lengths to have her. Regardless of what’s happening in his life if he likes you and really wants to be with you he will make it happen (if it’s mutual of course). Men feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Or we could say the moral of this story is if you want to continue to get free tattoos keep fucking your tattoo artist even if he has a girlfriend and never send him hate texts. Those two things combined will in fact end any free ink you will receive in the future. Just sayin’…
“Refer to: He’s Just not that into You. The book or movie will be helpful.” 

2 comments:

  1. You read my mind... We're more alike than I thought, except mine wasn't a tattoo artist... that would be much more awesome... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think it would be appealing that he was a tattoo artist but that was just his job. Really he was no different than any of the other guys who I have recently discussed with nearly ten other girls that do this type of thing. Relationship avoidance... look for it early on and save yourself the trouble!!! I got your back!

    ReplyDelete