Single Girl's Facebook

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And there will never be another...

You'll always remember your first. That's absolutely true. But there's way too much importance on it for girls. I was told to wait. But I was also told it would hurt. My mother was realistic when it came to sex. She never made it out to be something glorious. Never talked about my "flower" or the birds and the bees, it was real talk. Straight out. This is what happens, it hurts you can get pregnant be careful!
Now most mother's I knew did not take this approach to talking to their girl's about their first time. They made it sound like something magical. Something special that you hold on to and share with someone you love and that respects you. Something that you give knowing it will forever remain magical and perfect in your mind because it was your "first".
I'll be honest... that made all my girl friends want to rush and do it more. They lost their virginity's way earlier than I did and I think it was due to the appeal of the fairy tale image we preach to girls about their first time. I knew girls who planned out the day to lose their virginity and the special occasions or well thought out plans were ruined by the reality of it. So I say we skip the fairy tale with girls and get straight to the point. Let them know how it really is.
The first may be the one you'll never forget but it isn't always because it was the best. More than likely every time after that will be much more enjoyable... First isn't always best. Unless you masturbate constantly then you may have figured out the whole ordeal before the sex part comes to play but who teaches their daughters to masturbate? Certainly not my mom and she was pretty cool about everything else... so now I say let's promote masturbation instead of the fairy tale first time lose your virginity to your white knight story. Forget what the books say.... girls just take care of that all by yourself! Wink Wink!

"If you want something done right... do it yourself"

No comments:

Post a Comment