Single Girl's Facebook

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'll have a tattooed, broke, emotionally unstable, jerk with a side of unobtainable...

We all have types. Sure occasionally we stray from what we crave to try out new ideas but are always swept back off our feet by the one's that get under our skin, the one's that get the blood pumping and the heart racing. When it comes to dating we're self destructive when it comes to the guy's we chose.
I have no shame in admitting my type. If there is a jobless, tattooed, emotionally retarded six foot something dark haired guy in the room out of a thousand guys I will find him or he will find me. I'm drawn to this guy. You could put me in a box full of nice guys with great jobs and the one who wasn't like them, without  even knowing would be the guy for me. I am fly paper for the jerk. Do I think I can change him? Do I honestly believe that I'm going to be the one girl he changes for? Am I just that stupid? Or is it simply that I love the challenge? Whatever it is I know it's unhealthy for me and I know "that" guy will break my heart into a million pieces and walk all over me if given the chance...  But sometimes I just can't resist.
For me, my type, is a guilty pleasure. I know he's not good for me. I know it's a bad idea. I know because I always repeat the same mistake and I should learn from my past.  However, how can you turn down that perfect idea when maybe just maybe it might be different... After all we shouldn't hold our past against our future. RIGHT?!?!?
I would love to date a nice guy in theory. But only in theory... I would love to allow that kind of promise of security, sanity and boredom into my life. But let's face it... chemically I'm not attracted to that. The chemistry for the nice guy isn't wired in me. Though I have tried to break my vicious cycle many times. Kudos to the nice guys but they just don't do it for me...
Hello I'm a Single Girl and I'm addicted to Bad Boys.

"Why do the good girls always want the bad boys?"
"All the good girls are home with broken hearts..."

No comments:

Post a Comment