Single Girl's Facebook

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cheers to love and the lack there of...

Romance movies are a joke. They feed us these beautiful tragic and heart warming happily ever after bull shit and then we wonder why our lives don't meet these expectations. I wonder what life would be like if we didn't have movies? What would we then compare our own existence to? How would we measure our own relationships?
I honestly can't hate on them or say that they're impossible. I have had  magic movie moments. Those perfect moments sitting by a lake with the sun setting or a walk through a park with a kiss that makes your toes curl and butterflies never stop. I've had those walk to the car trips where you stumble with the keys and you look up and for that moment, you're the only two people in the world. That permanent smile that doesn't go away when you're driving home and you can't wait to see them again and they call almost immediately because they feel that way too.  Those spoken words that when said out loud make you realize how lucky and alive you are in that moment. I've had those and I am grateful for each and everyone of them, I just wish there were more of them now.
So here's to the lovers, the one's that found it and held onto it. Here's to the unlucky in love may you find it and embrace it when it comes your way. And here's to me... may I find whatever it is that I've lost along the way and when I do... never let it go again.
I'm a sucker for love. Though I hate that I am.

"When happily ever after fails, we've been poisoned by these fairy tales..."

No comments:

Post a Comment