Single Girl's Facebook

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Excitment and boredom all rolled into one big ray of me.

It has been a couple of days since I blogged. And for that I do apologize. I had some work issues and college issues to deal with, then a much needed rest without the use of alcohol for two reasons.

Reason Number 1:
I got more tattoos done. And I know not everyone appreciates tattoos or the art of them. In my line of work I have to keep them as hidden as much as possible because it isn't considered 'professional' and yet I will (and my boss would admit)that I am one of the best at what I do. I hate when people go out of their way to tell me "You've ruined your skin" "why would you do that" and "you know that's forever, right?" Really? I thought it would wash off with a little bit of elbow work and a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. (do not actually use magic erasers on your skin it will leave a scar just saying).
My mom is not a fan of my tattoos and I'm pretty sure most of my family are not fans of my tattoos which is completely ok. Because why? Its not their body. It's mine and at the ripe old of age of *25 (for the third time) I think I am old enough to know whether or not I want to be inked or not.
I do have a slight addiction to them though. When things are tough in my life and not going well or when something awful happens I immediately want a tattoo. To show I survived it that I lived through it and I made it. Can you look at my tattoos and know what I went through in my life and why I have the tattoos that I do? Absolutely not, they only mean something to me. But that meaning is enough for me. So look and stare all you want they're mine, they're forever and like everything else I do it's my choice!

Reason Number 2:
The results are in and its safe to say that I am officially 100% guaranteed that I am STD free! My friends and I had planned to 'celebrate' either way. We were going to drink to not having them or drink to the loss of my cleanliness on Saturday night. So when I get to the bar and grill we ended up deciding on there was even a cake made for me. Like I said we were celebrating either way and the cake said "YAY Herpes" you have to love the sense of humor my friends have.
We had an amazing time. Because I do have some amazing friends in my life!  I highly encouraged a guy friend of mine to karaoke the song "Genie in a bottle" and we made a little bet about it. However, on his end of the deal he did not shake my hand so when he did actually get up and make a fool of himself in a bar full of cowboys and rednecks singing that I did not have to hold up to my end of the deal... always shake on a bet.
We took random crazy pictures, which I would love to share with all of you but this one is definitely the icing on the cake so to speak.
So once again I highly recommend everyone get checked and tested you just never know. And want to thank Planned Parenthood for all their "hard" work and dedication to preventing and helping women in crisis and in need of birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment